Is Cosmetic Dentistry Right for You?
Having a healthy, bright, beautiful smile is something that can boost your confidence and self-esteem. If you have been dreaming of a better smile, cosmetic dentistry might be for you. To learn more about cosmetic dentistry procedures and to schedule an appointment with a dentist who can help you to understand your options, call Distinctive Dental Solutions today.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Cosmetic dentistry can be used to correct damaged teeth due to disease, acute injury, or another cause; it can also be used to brighten, straighten, or otherwise improve the aesthetic appearance of healthy teeth. Types of cosmetic dentistry procedures that our dentists specialize in include:
- Dental crowns. A dental crown, or cap, fits over the entire surface of a damaged tooth above the gum line. Crowns not only improve the appearance of a tooth, but they also help to protect a tooth and prevent further decay and deterioration. They have both medical and functional benefits as such.
- Dental bonding. Bonding is used to repair and improve cracked, discolored, decayed, and slightly damaged teeth. During a dental bonding procedure, a composite bonding material that resembles the natural tooth will be placed onto the tooth, cured using a high-intensity light, and then filed and shaped to resemble the natural tooth.
- Inlays and onlays. Inlays and onlays are alternatives to crowns and fillings and are used when a tooth has moderate decay and not enough remaining tooth structure to support a filling. Inlays and onlays are made in a dental laboratory, and therefore often require repeat visits before the procedure is complete.
- Dental veneers. Dental veneers are shells that are custom-made to cover the front surface of teeth. They may be used when there are small imperfections in the teeth, such as discoloration or a small chip. Sometimes called “Hollywood teeth,” dental veneers leave teeth looking perfect.
- Dental implants. A dental implant is a replacement tooth root that is secured within the gum and to which an artificial tooth is attached. These are used to replace missing teeth.
- Teeth whitening. Professional teeth whitening is a preferred alternative to over-the-counter whitening options, which are less expensive but don’t achieve the same results.
Call Distinctive Dental Solutions Today
Cosmetic dentistry may be right for you if you have any dental imperfections, have damaged teeth, or just want to feel more confident when you smile. To learn more about the many options for cosmetic dentistry procedures, schedule an appointment with Distinctive Dental Solutions today. You can reach us by phone or online to get started.